Wanderstories is an online, outdoor adventure resource, and we are continuing to expand our resource and knowledge base as well as our reach. We are committed to creating quality content that is informative, easy to read, visually appealing, factually correct, up-to-date, and easily available but content that is also unbiased and does not self-promote.
The aim of Wanderstories is to encourage our community to get outdoors, embark on an adventure, and to love and respect our beautiful world. Whether a seasoned adventurer or a beginner, we encourage everyone, all levels, and all walks of life. We also advocate for and adhere to sustainable and responsible adventure; for example, principles such as 'Leave No Trace' are among our core values. It is crucial that we all do our part in protecting and conserving mother nature.
Adventurers, like yourself, can write articles as well. To collaborate and/or contribute, please contact us directly. We also encourage you to contact us for suggestions, improvements, corrections, and edits.
Are you a weekend adventurer and content creator?
Wanderstories is a community of writers, photographers, videographers, and cartographers from across North Queensland, Australia who love the great outdoors. Almost every day, we explore the countryside, both horizontally and vertically, looking for adventure. Using multimedia, we document and create an online resource to inspire others to explore.
Want to contribute your knowledge?
Are you an after work adventurer, a weekend warrior, or do you just love taking weeks or even months off to do a hardcore adventure? Do you want to share your knowledge and inspire others to get outdoors and explore? Would you like to help build an online resource base for adventurers and nature lovers? Contact us!
What are the benefits? As we are only a small website, we do not pay our contributors for content. However, here are some of the benefits we can offer:
- Increase the exposure of your name, brand, and/or website.
- Discounts from our sponsors, which may include tickets to adventure film screenings and/or new equipment to test and keep (e.g., a selection of items – like a new head torch – that we ship to you to thank you for your contributions) with opportunities to review products.
- Visibility – a featured biography author page with links to your social channels.
- An invite to our Wanderstories Adventure Community Facebook group.
- Invitations to adventurer meetups, exploratory expeditions, and overnight trips via a private Facebook group chat.
We are always keen to hear from writers, photographers, film makers, and cartographers that are enthusiastic about adventure, conservation, and those that share our values. If you are passionate about what you do and want to learn more about becoming part of the Wanderstories team, please contact us for our contributor guidelines.
Let's share the adventure!